Upcoming Events 2018
- Sat Sept 1: Global Goods Coffee Alley Market with R Bazaar, 10 AM – 2 PM, Arvada, CO.
- Sat Sept 15: We’ll have a booth chock full of eA unique items at Crafted: “Taste specially curated craft foods and beverages, and peruse hand-crafted work from nonprofits changing the landscape of the future.” 10 AM – 6 PM, 1717 E 39th Ave Denver, CO 80205. Tickets & more info.
- Sept: University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy Global Health Elective Course, creating and delivering two unique training sessions — Introduction to Humanitarian Assistance and Humanitarian Law/Ethics/Code of Conduct.
- May 15, 6-8pm: “Activating Compassion into Meaningful Impact: The eA Experience,” Golden Women in Business Table Talk, Connects Workspace in Golden.
- May 10: “Passion to Action” Career Panel, Junior Jumpstart 2018 Program, Washington University in St. Louis.
- Nov 3: Pre-Holiday Sip N’ Shop! Wine-tasting and shopping marketplace for unique, handcrafted gifts. For more information on all the ways to shop for global impact, click here.
- Oct/Nov: University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy Global Health Elective Course, two training sessions — Introduction to Humanitarian Assistance and Humanitarian Law, Ethics, Code of Conduct.
- Aug 17-19: The Radical Humanitarian: Pharmacists and Nurses Global Health Training Edition. For results and more information, click here.
- May 18: Training on Disability Inclusion wth Uhambo at Posner Center for International Collaboration, Denver. For evaluation results and photos, click here.
- Mar 8: eA’s Founding Director was selected as WorldDenver’s International Women’s Day Pathfinder Award Recipient. Click on flier below for event details. Click here to see photos and read Dr. Jain’s remarks.
- Feb 23: Panelist with Harm Reduction Action Center on vulnerable populations, drug use, global health, and international development.
- Feb 18: Presented 2-hour workshop on “PT’s Role In Humanitarian Crises.” American Physical Therapy Association 2017 Combined Sections Meeting, San Antonio, Texas. Learn more.
- Dec 1-2: Johannesburg, South Africa, Global Summit on Community Philanthropy.
- Sunday October 9: Bar Fausto, 3126 Larimer St, Denver, 4pm-10pm
- Tuesday November 1: Illegal Pete’s, 2001 E. Colfax, Denver, 3pm-9pm
- CU School of Public Health, “International Disasters & Global Humanitarianism” Course. Our Co-Founders, Neena Jain and Bill Rohs will be providing experienced guidance and lessons learned on Monday Oct 10, 2016.
- Working with local, community-based nonprofit organization partners of Students Shoulder to Shoulder at their Global Solutions Forum, October 13-16, 2016. We’ll also be presenting “Listening Through Lines.”
- Listening Through Lines: Co-Founder, Bill Rohs, showcases his work and the emBOLDen Movement at Art Students League Denver, TEDx Mile High in Denver, and Harbor Springs, MI. Find out more.
- Click here to learn more about Listening Through Lines.
- Apr 25: Panelist, Remembering Nepal, Posner Center for International Development.
- Apr 20: Guest Speaker, “Local Humanitarian Response to 2015 Nepal Earthquake and Looking Ahead,” American Red Cross Mile High Chapter.
- April 15: “Honor Diaries” Film Screening with lively panel and community discussion to Activate YOUR Compassion into Meaningful Impact.
- April 14: Speaker, “Lessons from the Field,” Evergreen High School Diversity Day, CO.
- April 13: CSU International Careers Panel, Colorado State University.
- March 19: Exhibitor, Rotary International WASH Symposium, Denver.
- Feb. 17-20: Leading “Student-Led Development of a Global Health Elective,” APTA Combined Sections Meeting 2016, Anaheim, CA. Learn more about this project.Jan 31: Booth, United Nations Association Film Festival, Denver.
- Jan. 27: “Activating Compassion into Impact,” Highland City Club, Boulder, CO.
- Nov. 6-Dec. 11: “Humanitarian Assistance Toolbox” online course through Village Earth. Read our reviews.
- Nov 17: Leading “Redefining Successes and Failures Roundtable,” NGOs and Nonprofits Interest Group of the American Anthropological Association Conference, Denver, CO. Learn more.
- Oct 30: We led an “Evaluation Toolbox: Moving the Needle from Outputs to Outcomes,” Colorado Nonprofit Association, “We Are Essential” Conference, Denver, CO. Read more.
- August 24: Our Executive Director joined a panel in Washington DC on Working Under Fire: Providing Health Care During Conflict. Dr. Jain was invited by Christie Edwards, JD, LLM, Director, International Humanitarian Law, American Red Cross. She participated in the panel with Susannah Sirkin, Director of International Policy and Partnerships & Senior Advisor, Physicians for Human Rights and Michelle Mays, Deputy Head of Mission, Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontiers. Read more.
- August 20: Freddy Jones Band Benefit Concert for our Nepal Earthquake Response, eTown Hall, Boulder, CO.
- August 12: We presented our organization as New Member of the Golden Chamber of Commerce Membership Meeting, Golden, CO.
- July 31- Sept 4: Introduction to Humanitarian Assistance, Colorado State University accredited course, online through Village Earth.
- June 1-2: Our Executive Director, Dr. Neena Jain, joined the American Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Team and the Institute for Global and International Studies at The George Washington University, “Emerging Humanitarian Frontiers Conference” and led a Working Group discussion focused on local voices to global responses, Washington DC.