eA featured in 2 Chapters of New Book!
eA published TWO CHAPTERS on Why Global Health Matters!
The two chapters showcased our model and approach, case studies, successes, how we redefine failure, and more.
The new book, Why Global Health Matters: How to (Actually) Make the World a Better Place, edited by Chris E. Stout, is now available for purchase. If you purchase it through Amazon.com, be sure to shop with Amazon Smile – 0.5% of your purchase supports our global work!
The work was a Team effort! Dr. Neena Jain and Maya Casagrande co-wrote the two chapters, while Lauren Allognon’s GIS Map and Bill Rohs’ drawings were also featured. Go Team go!
Interview with Newest Team Member, Morgan
Last month, we introduced you to our newest Team member, Morgan McDonald. Get to know her a little bit…
“…having grown up in the world of international development work and learning about it again in classes and a real-world setting, people often forget the first step of listening… I’ve seen this first hand.”
Click here to read Morgan’s full interview.
Morgan’s first project was to revamp some of our website. These changes were made to emphasize our underlying mission, methodology, and quality of work.
3 Partnership Updates
- FVS-AMADE: We are well underway in this partnership that YOU helped fund! Members of the FVS-AMADE Team are traveling to Washington, D.C. in August for a conference, and we will reconnect with them there to continue our work! And, check out this awesome quote from Rémy, one of their team members:
“I really feel proud to have “fallen” on a good Partner. I am confident that I will learn more from you in Washington DC and will allow us to widen the scope of our partnership. LONG LIVE OUR PARTNERSHIP.”
- Women Who Grow: Phase I is fully implemented! Our work focused on building systems for financial accountability and Strategic Action Planning with the Board.
- Uhambo: We are in the Final Phase of this partnership. We are currently working with their South African Team Members to be able to run their first trainings on First Aid for Caregivers of Persons with Disabilities.
- The Radical Humanitarian, August 17-19: Join eA and several University of Colorado Anschutz Campus schools in this unique and innovative training for Nurses and Pharmacists. Register here!
- University of Colorado School of Public Health, Fall 2017: Our ED, Dr. Neena Jain, will be teaching a newly revamped course on International Disasters and Global Humanitarianism.
- University of Denver School of International Studies, Fall 2017: Dr. Neena Jain will be acting as Interim Program Director for the Global Health Affairs Program and teaching one of the Program’s core courses.
Thank you for your continued support of emBOLDen Alliances! Click here to make a charitable donation to eA.