Want to change the world? Everything you need to know!
Join the cause and invest in our partnership
with FVS-AMADE Burundi today.
We are honored to partner with FVS-AMADE Burundi – an organization that has served its community for 21 years!
Phase I of our partnership was graciously funded by the Segal Family Foundation,
but Phase II still needs to be funded.
What do we ask of you?
Help us fund Phase II! We are aiming for $15,000 during the month of May.
Oh, and the first $5,000 will be matched – so your donation will be doubled!
Click here to make your donation double in size today!
What is this partnership all about?
FVS-AMADE has self-identified their need for improved and sustainable Monitoring & Evaluation practices – they know their organization is impactful, but don’t have a system to consistently and reliably measure and demonstrate their impressive results. Addressing this will be the crux of our partnership work.
Did you know?
- FVS-AMADE mission statement: to protect orphans and vulnerable children and promote the economic autonomy of vulnerable households for the ultimate well-being of children.
- Nawe N’uze: One of their core programs, in which groups meet weekly and put savings money into 3 boxes to help orphans: loans, school supplies, and emergency needs.
- There are now 1,200 Nawe N’uze groups, with 49,000 members, caring for 45,000 orphans.
- It was founded by two sisters, Spès Nihangaza and Caritas Habonimana.
Bring this Community-Based Partnership to Life!
- Invest in our partnership to ensure that this critical work goes forward.
- Tell others about your support and get them onboard.
- Be a Champion and start your own fundraising page on Crowdrise.
Other ways to donate:
- Donate through our website and write “Burundi” in Comments/Notes on PayPal Checkout.
- Through COGives, you can make monthly recurring donations.
- Put a check in the mail to: 910 Jackson Street, Sutie 140A, Golden CO 80401.
THANK YOU for your support!
How did we encounter FVS-AMADE?
“Initially, I met one of the FVS-AMADE Staff Members, a gentleman named Rémy. I think I crossed paths with him during a coffee break between sessions (at the 2016 Global Summit on Community Philanthropy).”
“He learned what we were about, I learned what they were about, and he remarked that it was interesting what we do – help organizations with their self-identified challenges – because they actually had some very clear self-identified challenges.”
–Maya Casagrande, Grants & Reporting Specialist for eA
THANK YOU for your support!
emBOLDen your Summer:
- May 18: Training with Uhambo and Posner Center on Disability Inclusion. The Posner Center is located at 1031 33rd St, Denver CO 80205. There is still time to register!
- May 23: Fundraiser at Illegal Pete’s from 3-9pm. Location: 2001 E Colfax Ave. Denver, CO 80206. Let them know you are there for emBOLDen Alliances, and we receive 50% of proceeds! Bring this flier (paper or electronic).
- June 3: Cocktails on the Rocks: Enjoy local cocktails, ciders, wines, and spirits at this Posner Center-sponsored event, all while overlooking Red Rocks Park at the fields of T.E.V. Edelweiss! Sign up for a volunteer spot, identify “emBOLDen Alliances” as the recipient of your “donation,” and we will receive $100 for your participation! Did we mention volunteering also gets you free event admission?
- Jul 29: Presentation with University of Colorado Emergency Medicine Department: “Climate on the Edge – Synergizing Climate Medicine and Humanitarian Relief for the 21st Century” Pre-Conference Workshop, Wilderness Medical Society 34th Annual Summer Meeting.
BONUS Video of our WHY (click on image below):
Be sure to tell us your WHY! Leave a comment, contact us, or message us on social media. We want to hear from you!