A former student of Neena Jain gave her a beautiful photo of an
Ethiopian staff member with whom she had worked.
From that, Bill Rohs created this amazing work of art and donated the proceeds to emBOLDen.
On Face-to-Face Mindfulness
Most people claim they can and do listen, but in practice it seems as though we often listen to respond and not to understand. Our consideration of what we will say next once the role of speaker has shifted to us usually blacks out a true understanding of what were supposedly responding to.
So without an effective awareness of what we are hearing, how can we truly engage? Further, when we’ve never experienced what it means to be mindful, how can we know what we are missing out on? Read on here.
- Welcome to our newest Team Member, Maya Casagrande, Grants Specialist. Read about Maya.
- Neena and Bill just returned from Uganda and are developing two exciting new potential partnerships there.
- We finished our Global Health Program with the Physical Therapy Global students. See the terrific results here.
- We are short-listed for an award in Social Innovation for Global Health!
To meet the needs, we revamped our GIS Training series to be 3 sequential sessions:
- Session I, Beginner class, Thursday May 7
- Session II, Intermediate class, Wednesday May 13
- Session III, Advanced class, Thursday May 21
Participants can elect to attend 1, 2, or 3 sessions. More information and registration here.